- Job Title: Early Care and Education Specialist, Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher
- Department: Early childhood education (STEAM), (STEM)
- Supervisor: Director,
- Salary: Based on experience and education
- Location: Alpharetta
We are seeking Preschool Teachers (lead and assistant) to join our new school! Not just any Preschool, a Science Preschool. The first of its kind in the state of Georgia. We are looking for someone who has a passion for teaching children, a creative, “thinking-outside-the-box” mindset and understands Science. This individual will be trained on how to teach STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts & Math) to preschoolers using The Seeds of STEM curriculum and our unique Science curriculum. Training will also include using the Engineering Design Process in teaching preschoolers.
- Instruct preschool-aged children using the engineering design process in activities designed to promote scientific thinking.
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Communicate with parents on students’ growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Follow the rules and regulations of the school
- Reliable and responsible for all assigned duties
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field (minimum, Bachelor required for Lead). Dedicated to ongoing professional development.
- CDA Credentials, Georgia Approved Trainer preferred. Please submit a copy of your training approval letter.
- Experience working in a childcare setting.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Bright From the Start regulations, Quality Rated system, Environmental Rating Scales, and Georgia State-Funded Pre-K system.
- Knowledge of National Accreditation standards and assessment tools including the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), Council on Accreditation (COA), and the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC).
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Academic qualifications: bachelor’s degree in early childhood education/training or related field and or bachelor’s degree (minimum). (Lead teacher)
- Associates degree/ CDA (assistant)
- Meet all Georgia Department of Early Learning training certifications and qualifications for preschool teachers
- Must be able to pass a federal background check
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children and their families
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Understand STEAM concepts (or be eager to learn)
- Understand The Engineering Design Process (or be eager to learn)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work as a team and be a productive team member
- Ability to work respectfully with others
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Consistently standing for 2 hours or more.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) are required.
- The noise levels in the work environment may be high at times.
- Physical demands of working with preschoolers
“NICE TO HAVE”
- “out-of-the-box” thinker
- pleasant to be around
- A life-long learner
- Always open to other ideas
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation
Preschool Teachers (lead and assistant)
Send resume to email@example.com